After completing my classes and while waiting for the results and final grades, I came up with a new Top 10. After the first module, I created a Top 10 based on Dr. Andrew Weil’s materials.The following are general recommendations I noted from the overall course.
- Find an activity you enjoy and exercise daily.
- Learn good Nutrition and lifestyle choices to improve your health and that of your family. Learn natural helps which aid your body in healing itself. Preventing illness is the key here, not waiting around until you’re sick.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of purified, filtered water every day (In case you’re wondering, Crystal Light and Wyler’s are not considered water.)
- Be sure to consume “good fats” every day.
- Keep your diet as organic as possible.
- Eat raw foods or “living foods” at least 50% of the time, and focus on whole foods for other meals. If you can’t eat “raw” 50% of the time, start adding them in as much as you can. Adding fruit to your breakfast and a leafy salad to your lunch are good ways to begin.
- Cut back on using the microwave, or better yet, just don’t use it.
- Use a good detox program–you can e-mail me for some suggestions.
- Cut out tobacco, caffeine, sugar, etc. (including fake sugar!)
- Breastfeed your babes–don’t underestimate the wisdom of the Creator.
While I’m sure much of the above sounds simple, that’s the idea. 🙂 Folks asked for general, everyday changes they can make to improve their family’s health.
Do you have anything to add to help a Mama keep her family healthy? If so, please share below or join us on Facebook. 🙂
Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor and cannot diagnose, treat, or cure any symptom, ailment or illness. I’m a Mama who enjoys reading, learning new things, and just a bit ultra-obsessive when researching specific topics.
Want to know how to use essential oils and herbs in your home? In this guide, I share my top 10 favorites.
Plus get our latest content and news, including giveaways and freebies.