Hands-on activities make learning new things fun and enjoyable. For some of my children, learning syllables came easily, but for others, having some syllable learning activities would’ve made for a smoother learning experience.
Whether you’re a homeschool mom, a teacher, or a parent looking for a few fun ways to help your children grasp the concept of syllables, here re 20 ideas to keep things fresh and new.
Even if you simply want to find a few new games to play while cementing skills, these activities provide fun with a purpose.
20 Syllable Learning Activities For Kids
1. Muffin Tin Syllables Learning Games Kids
2. Syllable Sticks Craft Help Clapping Syllables
3. Teaching Syllables Game
4. Free Syllable Counting Cards
5. Counting Syllables Lego Bricks
6. Space Syllables Activity
7. Pool Noodle Build A Word Towers For Learning To Read
8. Literacy Ideas For Kids
9. Pool Noodle Syllable Caterpillar
10. Reading Two Syllable Words
11. Syllable Cookie Jar Sort
12. Sound It Out Parking Lot
13. Syllable Farm Muffin Tin Game
14. Syllable Counting With Straws
15. Build Fluency With Multisyllabic Word
16. Syllables When You Only Have A Minute
17. 3 syllable word jigsaws
18. Dividing Syllables Open Closed Syllables
19. Self-Checking Syllable Clip Cards
20. Fun Syllable Count Activity
Free Fun on the Farm Activity Pack
Have fun with your preschooler, as they practice writing, color, and enjoy educational activities that are perfect for little learners.