Today’s guest is Alexis from AlexisMathews.com.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner! Have you found the perfect gift for your Mom or other special woman in your life?
Mother’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to remind your Mom that she truly means a lot to you and to show her your appreciation. Mothers can grow weary throughout the year and Mother’s day is your chance to refresh her spirit and give her a special gift that she will treasure for years to come.
What about that hard to shop for Mom that has gluten free diet restrictions?
Here are 5 gluten free Mother’s Day gifts that the special woman in your life will surely love and enjoy:
- Spa day: If your Mom is weary and worn down from a tough year treat her to a day of pampering. If you call around it is very likely that one or more of your local day spas are running Mother’s day sale specials. Most spas offer a wide variety of pricing options to fit any budget. Anything you choose will be greatly appreciated by that special woman in your life.
- Gift cards: If your Mom enjoys shopping gift cards a perfect gift to give her for Mother’s Day. Giving a gift card shows that you care enough about her to know where she enjoys shopping but that you are also wise enough to know that she’d enjoy the experience of shopping for herself. Gift cards allow the recipient to choose what they like rather than having to return a pre-bought gift and purchase something else.
- Family photos: The #1 gift request that I receive from my own Mother, mother-in-law and other special women in my life is a photo themed gift or to have family photos taken. Some years I put together photo calendars, other years I will have a special photo from the past year enlarged and nicely framed, or if the opportunity allows we will arrange for a photographer to take our family photos. No matter what type of photo gift I give they are all warmly received, greatly appreciated, and enjoyed throughout the years to come.
- Hobby related: What does your Mom enjoy doing in her free time? Does she enjoy cooking, sewing, photography, running, or another activity that you can purchase something you know she will love and enjoy for a long time.
- Gluten free meal: Cooking everyday for a family can be tiring so treat your Mom to a home cooked meal made with love. Take into account her gluten free diet restrictions and create an amazing meal that she will love eating with you. Be sure to thoroughly clean your kitchen before preparing the meal if it is contaminated with wheat. Also make sure to use new ingredients if there is a chance your food supplies are contaminated with gluten.
No matter what your decide to buy for your Mom or other special woman in your life make it a gift from your heart and she will love it. Be sure and make it a special day for that special woman in your life, she deserves it!
Alexis is a veteran homeschooling Mom of 7 who enjoys gluten free and vegan cooking. When she isn’t homeschooling or caring for her large family she enjoys blogging about healthy living at Health Matters with Alexis Mathews. In her spare time she enjoys photography, the beach, and a good book.
Free Guide For the Natural Living Mom
Want to know how to use essential oils and herbs in your home? In this guide, I share my top 10 favorites.
Plus get our latest content and news, including giveaways and freebies for the natural living and homeschooling mom.